Case StudyForestry Value Chain Automation
Scope of work
Build a strategy and implementation plan to leverage digital technologies across the Forestry Value Chain.
Automation and digital technology present a large opportunity for safety and productivity improvements within the forestry sector. Imvelo was engaged by a large forestry company to design and lead the implementation of a ten-year technology roadmap. Embarking on multiple site visits allowed the team to gauge an understanding of the client’s current value chain and develop a strategic plan that delivered quick wins and long-term automation projects.
The project approach had six key facets:
- Road mapping with progressively automated sub-systems
- Development of a systems integration capability
- Partnership creation to increase speed and build internal capability
- Stakeholder engagement
- Identification of proving grounds to design and test the future concept of operation
- Evolution of future investments by building a differentiated operating capability